Monday, January 17, 2011

Spotlight Artist: Clear the Battlefield

Our next Spotlight Artist is Dominic Cromie, singer/guitarist for Clear the Battlefield and producer/host of the internet show "Gossip in the Garden".

Spotlight Artists: Clear the Battlefield
Band Line-up:
Dominic Cromie - I play electric/acoustic guitar and sing a few songs.....I love it!
George Rigney - Drums.
I have been performing with George for a very long time and consider him a very dear friend we met back in the Catskill days he's my brother from another mother.
Alicia Rau - Trumpet and horns
Alicia is from Iowa. I have been performing with Alicia around five years now, the lady of the band.

How did you band's name come about?
Clear the Battle Field is a belief that if Ireland was run by the Irish people without involvement from England (Irish Law), we could then have a country free of war...With the voices of all we still can "Clear The Battle Field".

How long have you been performing?
As long as I can remember!!!!!!!!!! HELP ME

Past lives (i.e., previous bands, your early years, etc.):
I was brought up in County Armagh, Ireland. I am one of seven children. After singing into broom handles and letting on I was Elvis, I went on the road at age 16 with my sister Aine. We toured Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Holland and at age 21 we came to America. Aine moved to Canada soon after and I stayed in New York. I started a band called Raglan Road and toured America for five years. When RR split I formed a rock band called The Temp and recorded a CD, which I haven't released yet. Then I took a five year break to start my family and now I'm back on the scene with Clear The Battle Field...
Musical influences:
I really don't listen to a lot of music but I would have to say Zeppelin, Fleetwood Mac, The Beetles, Elvis, Big Country, Queen, Michael Jackson.

Favorite venues to play:
I love to play to people. It doesn't really matter about the venue, it's the crowd that is the key. The biggest crowd I ever performed to was around twenty thousand at a festival in Holland with my sister Aine. I have performed a lot of great places: Wembley Arena, Toad's Place, venues on Bleecker, Mohegan Sun, The Gresham in London. I performed on VH1, Z100 and a lot of the Irish festivals in America. In general, I just love to perform.

Blatant self-promotion: What would you like to plug?
We are better than bad SEX...........buy a t-shirt.

Linkage:
Your website: Irishwebcast.com
facebook: Dominic Cromie
facebook page: Clear-The-Battle-Field
facebook group: Irish Music
Youtube: Irishreport
Myspace: ctbf

Where can we buy your music?
You can only buy our music at Irishwebcast.com
Tell us a story or anecdote about performing live.
What happens in Clear the Battle Field stays in Clear the Battle Field. Ha...

Any advice to someone just starting out?
If you really love it don't let anyone stand in your way. And always remember it's not you that makes you it's your fans that make you.

Can you recommend any other acts we should feature on MurphGuide?
I think you should interview George Murphy, singer from Dublin. He has a great voice and I think he has what it takes. As for a great musician, I think you should interview Pat Mangan, fiddle player who is currently touring with Riverdance.

You host a web-talk show called "Gossip in the Garden" How did you get that started up? How long have you been doing it? What are some of the highlights?
I started Gossip in the Garden about two years ago. It started through a facebook group. I used to post where I was performing and people from all over the world would reply and tell me how much they would love to be there. I started video taping some shows and people seem to like them. I have got to interview a lot of talented people famous and up and coming.
Interview we have done:
The Dublin City Ramblers (Music)
Luka Bloom (Singer/Songwriter)
Andy Doherty (Comedy)
Des Bishop (Comedy)
The High Kings (Music)
Aine (Music)
Clear The Battle Field (Music)
Larry Kirwan (Music Black 47)
Andy Cooney (Music)
John Duddy (Boxer)
George Murphy (Singer)
Michael Brunnock (Singer/Songwriter)
Pat Mangan (Fiddle Riverdance)
Sean Murphy (MurphGuide.com)
Martin Gaffney (Fleadh Cheoil Na Héireann )
Pio Ryan (Banjo)
Micheal Mansfield (Irish Wrestler)
Valerie Kuehne (Cello)
Colin Campbell (Music)
James Moore (Boxer)
Laoisa Sexton (Actor)
Laura Knight Keating (Actor)

Tell us more about "Irish All" at Blaggard's.
IRISH ALL I hope it speaks for itself? I think there is a little piece of Ireland in everyone and all are welcome. I get the chance to perform with some of the best Irish musician's worldwide every Sunday 7pm at Blaggards Pub. (38th St. between 5th and 6th Ave). I wanted to start a venue where you could go have dinner a beer and get to see some great talent I hope all your viewers will stop by.
Blaggard's Pub
8 W. 38th St.
(between 5th & 6th Ave.)
(across from Lord & Taylor dept. store)
New York, NY
212-382-2611


What are your plans for the future?
I am in the process of taking Gossip in the Garden to American TV, so look out for us. My true love is music, so whatever the future holds for me there, will be up to the fans who I would like to thank and I hope I find some new ones through MurphGuide. At the end of the day, it's no fun performing to yourself.


Below is a clip promoting their upcoming gig at The Gael Pub on Saturday, February 5, 2011:

No comments: